Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Recently Read posts are not typical le bain book reviews. le bain As a writer, I do not believe


The Recently Read posts are not typical le bain book reviews. le bain As a writer, I do not believe I should be reviewing the hard work of other writers. These posts are simply books I have recently read and enjoyed and will share with you. They will not always be crime books as I am trying to widen my reading selection. I hope you enjoy some of these with me.
DI David Murphy and DC Laura Rossi investigate the murder of a student at the City of Liverpool University. Attached to her is a letter from her killer, which details a famous unethical psychological experiment performed on the victim, resulting in her death. Convinced at first that the murderer is someone close and known to the victim, Murphy dismisses the letter as a bid to throw them off the scent until more bodies are found, each with their own letter attached.
On the other side of the city, Rob Barker, an admin worker at the university, is dealing with his own loss. His partner has been missing for almost a year, with suspicion from all around her firmly pointed at him.
The book had me with the first chapter. Part of an article published in Psychological Society Review on Life, Death and Grief. It kind of tells you all you need to know about what kind of book this is going to be.
Intrigued? Yes, it’s that kind of book. Such a brilliant concept for a crime book. Psychological in the extreme, based in a police procedural. A new pair of protagonists that will be interesting to go back to. A cracking new debut.
← What’s Your First Draft Like? – Lucas Bale
February 27, 2014 at 1:59 pm
February 27, 2014 at 2:04 pm
Sounds fascinating. The Brits do a different le bain kind of detective mystery than Americans. I’m becoming addicted to them. I wish Val McDermid would write more Tony Hills (and Kate–loved Kate).
I love your intro! I understand le bain now how hard it is to write a book and I will never trash another writer. I’m not paid to be a reader and reviewer, so I too will just share what I personally enjoyed.
Name (required)
Follow us on twitter Buttons
view books Search for: Recent Posts What You Don’t Tend To Say On Social Media When Living With A Disability Crime Book Club – What Do You Want To Read In June? le bain Recently Read – Write. Publish. Repeat. by Sean Platt, Johnny B. Truant and David Wright le bain What’s Your First Draft Like? – Martin Frankson Success, le bain Failure and the Drive to Keep Creating Categories A to Z Challenge Author Interview Books Crime Book Club First Drafts Guest Post My Life Nottingham Setting Recently Read Social Media The Insecure Writers Support Group Writing Blogroll Alex J. Cavanaugh Beautiful Orange Claire King Confessions of a Mystery Novelist D.J.Kirkby Excuse me While I Note That Down FC Malby Finding Time To Write Jade Reyner Jane Isaac Pamreader Sharon Sant YA Writer Strange Alliances The Disorganised Author Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep Writer Of Murder And Mayhem
Archives Select le bain Month May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 December 2013 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December 2012 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 April 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 December 2010 November 2010 October 2010 September 2010 August 2010
Email check failed, please try again
%d bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment